You can read about SHRA's purposes and aims on the About SHRA page.
Membership of SHRA is open to residents living in owned or rented residential property located within the Sovereign Harbour estate, and owners of such residential property. Any questions about membership may be sent to the Membership Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
From August 2022 new members pay an annual subscription.
Single Annual Membership - £5 per year
Joint Annual Membership - £10 per year Joint membership is available for two adults living permanently at the same harbour address.
Subscription monies are used only to further the aims of the Association.
SHRA membership cards are supplies as a digital PDF file. Plastic cards may be ordered as an optional extra and cost £5 each (see below).
● SHRA now uses MemberMojo.co.uk for online membership management. This secure, easy to use system allows us to email you an annual digital membership card as a PDF file to print at home or store on your phone.
● If you wish, you may order an optional plastic membership card for an additional fee of £5.00 per adult (includes postage) per year.
● Membership cards are dated and valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
● Your online payment can be made using PayPal. Credit or debit cards are also accepted.
● When your payment is confirmed you will receive an e-mail welcome letter containing a PDF version of yourmembership card that you can store on your device or print out. The system will prompt members about their annual renewal.
● If you order a plastic card it will be posted to you seperately.
● PDF or plastic cards will be accepted by our discounters.
● MemberMojo allows SHRA members to access their own membership record online and update it as necessary. Click here to join SHRA...
As a SHRA member, the details you supply will be added to our confidential MemberMojo membership system.
● After joing at MemberMojo, you can log on to the MemberMojo system anytime at: membermojo.co.uk/shra/signin to view and, if necessary, amend and save your SHRA membership record by using the email address you used to join SHRA. Should MemberMojo not recognise your email address (perhaps you’ve changed it since you joined), please let us know and we can amend it, or add it, for you.
● The information on MemberMojo is securely held and never shared with any third party, and is used solely for the purpose of administrating your membership of SHRA.
SHRA's previous blue 'lifetime' membership cards are no longer valid for membership or discounts.
On showing valid proof of their memebrship, SHRA members can a enjoy a discount offered by a selection of local restaurants, businesses and service providers (see panel).
As a SHRA member, your email adddress that you supplied will be added to our MailChimp email distribution list. The distribution list is securely held and is used only to send out SHRA emails to our members and subscribers. Your email address is never shared with anyone else and you may unsubscribe at anytime. Our MailChimp list is not used for any other purposes (and it is seperate and different to our membership database). Subscribing to the email list does NOT make you a SHRA member.
The following businesses kindly offer a discount to SHRA members on production of a valid SHRA membership card, allowing you to recover the cost of your membership while supporting excellent local businesses.
• Active Days Mobility Services.
Repairs and servicing to mobility aids such as scooters, powerchairs, wheelchairs, hoists, riser recliner chairs, pressure care equipment and profiling beds. Tel: Mark on 01424 532620
• AP-it - Computer health-checks, repairs and data backup. Business and home PCs. Tel: 01323 887894. www.ap-it.co.uk
• CoCo Hair - Hair and beauty salon. 16, The Waterfront, Sovereign Harbour, BN23 5UZ. Proof of Harbour address required.
Tel: 01323 471147 www.cocohair.co.uk
• Curry Leaf Restaurant - 8 Susans Road, Eastbourne, BN21 3HA. On food costs only. Tel: 01323 727900
• Listening to You - Counselling Practice services. All contact is in the strictest confidence. Tel: 07976 399 998 www.listening-to-you.co.uk/
• Marina Turkish Resturant & Lounge - 12, The Waterfront, Sovereign Harbour, BN23 5UZ. 10% discount on food. Get ready to indulge in the finest expression of Turkish dining and Anatolian flavours to be found this side of the Mediterranean. Tel: 01323 470009 www.marinarestaurantlounge.co.uk
• Osteopathy Services by Michael Woodleigh BSc Hons - Michael would like to offer SHRA members a free initial consultation with their own osteopath who has been serving the Sovereign Harbour Medical Practice since it opened. This offer is limited to members of the SHRA and is subject to the first consultation with Michael only. For more details please contact Michael on 01323 767228 or via the website: www.eastbourneosteopath.co.uk
• Pablo's Restaurant - The Waterfront, Sovereign Harbour, BN23 5UZ. On food costs only and for no more than four diners. Tel: 01323 470400 www.pablos-eastbourne.co.uk
• Simply Italian Restaurant - The Waterfront, Sovereign Harbour, BN23 5UZ. On food costs only. Tel: 01323 470911 www.simplyitalian.co.uk/
• Sea Training Sussex (STS) - Discount on some sea training courses. Tel: 07713 639066
Terms and Conditions Many of these discounts (which vary but are usually around 10% and are given solely at the business owners discretion, (i.e. there is no right to a discount)), are subject to certain terms and conditions. For example, most restaurant discounts apply only to food, and may be limited to two or four diners. Some may not apply at weekends or on take-aways. We are very grateful to these businesses for offering a concession to SHRA members who, we hope, will in turn support these local companies. Please let SHRA know if any of the businesses disappoints.